5.1.09

Palasari - Toko Fortuna - Pak Faturi


This writing is taken from my journal in December 2008:
Samstag, 27. Dezember 2008
in this special day, I went to Bandung (a runaway after what has happened the day before) and visited Palasari.

And our journey continued to Palasari. Where I bought almost 90% of my belonging books. We went directly to Toko Fortuna owned by our nice Pak Faturi. Guess what? We couldn’t find that unforgettable bookstore. It was vanished. I asked the storekeeper next to its store and he said, after the fire that burned Palasari around August 2007, Pak Faturi never really survived. So now, there’s no Toko Fortuna in Palasari. Pak Faturi rented it and now it sells different kind of books under a different name.

My heart really broke into pieces when I heard this. My Toko Fortuna? One place I love to visit in Bandung if I need book supply. Not only to see the book but also to meet Pak Faturi with his addicted to Mira W (do you know, everytime I go there and ask Pak Faturi, what’s the new book in his store? He always, always, always …. gives me the latest book from Mira W ).

If I want to buy something there Pak Faturi usually offers me so many books. He would give me so many suggestions and options. So, in the end there will be a high stack of books on his table and I only buy like one or two books only. Sometimes, he even allows me to pay it later when my money … well not really enough (because I want to buy so many books) … simply because he feels sorry for me (but I pay it as soon as possible, really!).

One day, May 13th, 2003 after I had my long awaited Sidang Skripsi, me and my friends went to Toko Fortuna. And I guess, before I had a chance to tell my own Pa, Pak Faturi is the first person who knew that I officially graduated that day. I bought one book by Roald Dahl (The Twits) to celebrate that day. And I guess I wanted to share my happiness with Pak Faturi too.

(Sigh!) Well, I don’t really like this kind of changing. I still can’t believe it. Like I went to a different Palasari this afternoon. There’s no Palasari without Toko Fortuna. And Palasari would never be the same without Pak Faturi.


I quoted this sentences below from Kata Pengantar in my Skripsi:

Saya juga ingin menyampaikan ucapan terima kasih kepada:

....

17. Pak Faturi Firmansyah untuk semua buku-buku yang berhasil saya miliki selama kuliah dan atas pengertiannya tentang jenis buku yang paling saya sukai.

...


No comments: